Friday, September 4, 2009

Shenandoah Breakdown

Well the move has certainly slowed down my bloging, but hopefully not my fingers. I've been picking even more than usual lately, probably has something to do with the Rockyfest afterglow.  How long does that last?  Oh, that and my lack of a job.
I know that you, my loyal fans, will be excited to know that I've picked up a copy of the new Tony Trischka "Master Collection of Fiddle Tunes for the Banjo".  Yep.   Looks like about 150 tunes of melodic madness, spiral bound with 2 CDs.  If you have the means, I highly suggest picking up a copy.

So, Shenandoah Breakdown.... Most "breakdowns" are awesome, as I'm sure you know.   Well I think this song falls into the category of "pretty darn awesome", so I wanted to learn it.  I've almost got it up to speed, eh?  I can actually play it much faster than this now, due to the 200 blazing takes it took to get this 2 minute recording.
My apologies for the imitation bluegrass-guitar playing.   The 'ol Martin needs to get the neck reset.   The strings are nearly a foot off the fretboard.   I can strum it fine; pickin' it is a different story.   That and my playing is crap. :-)  
Enjoy!

P.S.   A big howdy to my 4 "followers".  That's right, I'm up to 4 now!  Don't be a free-loader, click that button and join the throng.  If I can get up to 10, I'll put some kazoo on the next tune I record!


"Shenandoah Breakdown"

1 comment: